Interested in becoming an MB Interim Leader?For more information, please visit www.mbinterim.com.
Vice President, Supplier MarketingPosted by Kelsey Richards
Please direct your responses to:
See website information below to apply
This posting expires: 4/18/2009
Vice President, Supplier Marketing
Job ID: 9726 # Positions: 1
Location: US-CO-ENGLEWOOD Experience (Years): ..
Posted Date: 04-10-09 Category: Marketing/Other
More information about this job:
Vice President, Supplier Marketing
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company (ranking: 158), is one of the world's largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine's 'Most Admired Companies'. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of electronic components, computer products, technical solutions and supply chain management services to some of the most successful companies around the world. We know that it takes dynamic and talented people to run a global business like ours. With a commitment to shared leadership, Arrow has an environment that fosters growth and development.
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Vice President of Supplier Marketing in our Denver, CO location.
The Vice President, Supplier Marketing is a key leadership position working in the North American Components (NAC) Supplier Services Group and reporting to the Vice President of the NAC Supplier Services Group. The new leader will provide leadership and direction to the Embedded Computing and Memory team and will focus on the development of effective strategies for management of the embedded computing and memory segment, including both asset management and supplier management. The individual will also be responsible for tracking and presenting key performance data on a regular basis to the NAC senior management team, including inventory levels, market share information as well as working capital numbers. Talent management will also be a key area of focus.
The candidate should be a change leader, have strong business savvy and good financial acumen. Further, he/she should possess the experience and knowledge needed! for con sulting at high levels, the ability to work at all levels, and a collaborative teaching style. The candidate should be firm and passionate in driving results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of embedded computing and memory teams to ensure that corporate goals and objectives are met
- Development of product management strategic initiatives to ensure procurement of required assets for customers
- Development of supplier marketing strategic initiatives to ensure growth and development of supplier lines
- Development of strategic relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Providing leadership and talent development
- 7 years of leadership in sales, supplier marketing or business relationship role with 3 years in Distribution, manufacturing,contract manufacturing or Supplier industries
- Experience in developing strategic relationships based on jointly meeting the needs of suppliers and distributors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills: creates a network of strategic, influential relationships both internal and external to Arrow and uses a high level of interpersonal skill to earn the respect and trust of colleagues at all levels
- Proficient in the use of software applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other function specific software to accomplish business objectives.
- Strategic Thinking: Can recognize and seize opportunities that create competitive advantage and strengthen organization's position within North America.
- Business Judgment: An effective decision maker with the ability to address complex issues and solve problems in a timely, process oriented manner
- Business Performance: Ability to translate business knowledge, experience and strategy into results through influencing, relations! hip buil ding, process improvement and operational excellence. Creates an environment and provides resources that support innovation, change, and process improvement. Understands and uses CPI concepts and tools to identify and implement both evolutionary and revolutionary improvement opportunities. Continuously challenges the status quo, relentlessly pursues root cause analysis, and encourages others to identify new and innovative approaches.
- People Leadership: Ability to select, motivate, lead and develop talent. Has built high performing teams focused on achieving mutual goals, fosters an environment of collaboration, teamwork, and trust. Be a manager that attracts and develops high caliber talent with diverse skills, understands the talent implications of the business strategy and develops appropriate bench strength across the company, holds self and others accountable for developing talent, appropriately differentiates between high and low performers and recognizes and rewards accordingly
- Fosters Open Communication: promotes open, honest, and timely communication and collaboration across organizational boundaries, engages employees in dialogue, this includes demonstrating managerial courage, candid discussions, not avoiding situations that create conflict.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes tuition reimbursement, employee stock ownership plan, health and dental plans, and a 401(k). Please visit our careers website and apply online at www.arrow.com/careers, job ID # 9726, VP, Supplier Marketing. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please Excuse Our Mess!
We're still in the process of updating our site bringing new features that will improve your experience here at McDermott & Bull, but we're happy to announce you can once again register for events if you're already a member of the Executive Network.
Thank you for your understanding, and sorry for the inconvenience!